Play Hive Manager
Full time- to include 1 weekend day
Quince Honey Farm in South Molton is relocating the whole business and expanding all areas of the attraction. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone to work as part of a great team at our brand new tourist attraction in South Molton.
Our indoor and outdoor Play Hive is a key part of the tourist attraction, which is busy throughout the year, with a small café serving snacks and basic food. We are looking for someone friendly, welcoming with excellent customer service skills, and ideas and enthusiasm to grow this side of the business. This is a hands-on position where you will be involved with running all areas of the Play Hive in a professional manner. The successful candidate will be required to manage a small team, ensuring the provision of a safe environment that exceeds our customers’ expectations.
Other duties include operating the tills, deciding on special offers as required, keeping all areas clean and tidy, working with the marketing department with offers and events, answering incoming phone calls as required and taking party bookings. Liaising closely with the restaurant manager to keep stock levels up, some basic cooking is required. You will be helpful and knowledgeable about our products. Working closely with the marketing department on offers and events.You will also be a responsible key holder, opening up/locking up as needed.
Essential Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to manage a team and lead them effectively
- Computer literate
- Maintain a high level of motivation and team spirit across all departments
- Ensuring Health and Safety and environmental procedures are always met
- Be a hands-on manager
- Managing training and development of all staff
- Previous supervisory/management experience is essential
- Must enjoy working with children
- First aid and food hygiene certificates are advantageous but not essential
This is an exciting time to join and help us create a buzzing Play Hive and a lovely environment for our visitors.
Flexible start date.
Apply with a CV and cover letter today.
We can’t wait to hear from you! – Any queries please contact us via the website.
Job Type: Full-time