Full time- to include 1 weekend day
Quince Honey Farm in South Molton is relocating the whole business and expanding all areas of the attraction. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone to work as part of a great team in our brand new shop.
The Shop Manager is a key part of Quince Honey Farm’s management team and you will be responsible for a small team. The shop is also the entrance to the attraction, and the first point of contact for our visitors, you will be friendly, welcoming and have excellent customer service skills, with ideas and enthusiasm to grow this side of the business.
Other duties include – Serving customers and welcoming visitors to the attraction, managing a small team, stock management, merchandising, deciding on special offers as required, operating tills, keeping the shop area tidy, working with the marketing department with the online shop and offers, answering incoming phone calls as required, taking party bookings and mail orders. You will also be a responsible key holder, opening up/locking up as needed. You will be helpful and knowledgeable about our products and involved with the buying of new stock.
Essential Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to manage a team and lead them effectively
- Computer literate
- Be a hands-on manager
- Previous retail experience essential
- Ability to keep up with current trends and create imaginative shop displays
- Maintain a high level of motivation and team spirit across all departments
- Timely and flexible with workloads
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Managing training and development of all staff
- Resourceful and able to work as part of a team or on your own
This is an exciting time to join and help us create a wonderful new farm shop.
Flexible start date.
Apply with a CV and cover letter to:
We can’t wait to hear from you! – Any queries please contact us via the website.